NVQ Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services Construction Operations Overview
Total Qualification Time: 410
Guided Learning Hours: 137-240
Minimum age: 16
Level: Level 2
The qualification will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as general health, safety and welfare, conforming to productive working practices and moving, handling and storing resources. Learners can specialise in installing, maintaining and removing work area protection in construction.
This qualification may be available through employers, training providers and colleges and may be offered in England and Wales.
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
This qualification is supported by the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS).
CSCS provides a registration card scheme acknowledged by industry for those involved in construction such as blue CSCS card. The scheme recognises skills, knowledge and understanding, competence and qualifications.
This qualification is also supported by federation Concrete Structures Group (CONSTRUCT).
- Establishing Work Area Protection and Safety in the Workplace
- Segregating the Area for Highways Works in the Workplace
- Placing and Finishing Non-Specialist Concrete in the Workplace
- Installing Drainage in the Workplace
- Reinstating Ground Condition in the Workplace
- Placing and Compacting Concrete in the Workplace
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace
- Installing Street Ironwork in the Workplace
- Preparing and Mixing Concrete and Mortars in the Workplace
- Providing Temporary Excavation Support in the Workplace
- Reinstating Excavation and Highway Surfaces in the Workplace
- Preparing and operating forward tipping dumpers to receive, transport and discharge materials in the workplace
- Preparing and operating ride-on rollers to compact materials in the workplace
- Preparing to and directing and guiding the movement of vehicles, plant or machinery in the workplace
- Preparing for, and arranging and securing plant or machinery for transportation in the workplace
- Preparing and operating powered units, tools or pedestrian plant, machinery or equipment in the workplace
- Slinging and hand signalling the movement of suspended loads in the workplace
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area.
Select your chosen pathway >
Need more information?
Call us today for help choosing the correct NVQ for youContact Us