Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plant Operations
Total Qualification Time: 450
Guided Learning Hours: 150
Minimum age: 19
Level: Level 2
The qualification will develop learners who work in the construction and built environment sector working across a broad range of areas. Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plant Operations is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace where learners are required to demonstrate skills and knowledge to a level required in the construction industry. This qualification give the learner an opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate competence in building and construction
- Enable learners to work on a construction site, in a public place or on the highway, operating plant/machinery to transfer loads, excavate, lift and move materials to given specifications
- Have existing skills recognised
- Develop personal growth and engagement in learning
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plant Operations qualification covers the following areas:
- Pathway 1 - Cranes and Specialist Lifting
- Pathway 2 - Extracting
- Pathway 3 - Excavating
- Pathway 4 - Constructing and Forming
- Pathway 5 - Transporting Loads - Truck-Mounted Boom Concrete Pumps
- Pathway 6 - Transporting Loads - Crawler Tractor Dozers
- Pathway 7 - Road/Rail
- Pathway 8 - Attachments
- Pathway 9 - Erecting and Dismantling
This qualification may be available through employers, training providers and colleges and may be offered in England and Wales.
The qualification is designed to assess people's competency to operate plant equipment to accepted and recognised industrial standards.
The Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) is the largest and most highly recognised single skills card scheme for the plant sector of the construction industry. The scheme provides certification for plant operatives and associated operations for UK construction and allied industries to prove workers' operating skills and health and safety awareness.
The plant operator certification process is supported by CPCS testers and CPCS trainers, who in turn are certified as trained and competent by CPCS.
Membership of the scheme is voluntary but is mandatory on many construction sites and other work environments.
As this is a competence-based qualification, learners will be acquiring the knowledge and skills required through either on-the-job experience or in a learning environment. This qualification has a range of pathways and is linked to typical job roles that learners will encounter within the industry.
To gain the qualification, learners must achieve mandatory core units, plus a minimum of one unit from their chosen pathway.
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area.
Select your chosen pathway >
Need more information?
Call us today for help choosing the correct NVQ for youContact Us